Thursday 14 June 2012

For Someone, You Are Everything. You Never Knew!


I was driving, a little too recklessly I guess
With a beer in my hand, the best!
I drifted away in some euphoria shortly,
And didn’t see the truck coming, it trashed me badly!

Nothing happened to me, I was safe and sound,
But the accident, in my life, opened up a new chapter,
I thought by nothing in the world, I was bound,
But fate opened my eyes, made me see clearer

Your life is much more precious than it seems to you
Because for someone, you are everything. You never knew!

It started with this little boy; I used to give him some money
Then we used to talk, laugh, interact casually,
He meant nothing to me, just some poor boy he was.
But when he heard about the accident, he brought me a rose!

He said he was petrified on hearing about the incident
Said he had been losing loved ones since forever, his families, friends
So when he heard, he went to the temple, with naked feet
And prayed, that this way, this little friendship of ours shouldn’t end

Someone you don’t even know, prays with his heart for you
Because for someone, you are everything. You never knew!


On returning home, I came to know something I did not
My mother, stayed awake the whole nights in the hospital
I am such an ungrateful bastard, I thought,
Because of my recklessness, she faced the trauma, the trouble

When I was fit and fine, my mom hugged me tightly,
And she let out the tears of happiness, of relief,
And then after crying, she gave a smile slightly.
In her eyes, I saw her love, her concern, only for me!

You are loved the most in the world, by some chosen few
Because for someone, you're everything. you never knew!

My colleagues, those back bitching and competitive morons.
Gave a party for me, and celebrated grandiosely!!
They showed so much love, which existed, I didn’t even know!
Now I don’t know how will I pay them back for this show of gratitude towards me.

My friends has tears in their eyes on seeing me,
The close ones, the ones who were far, everybody!
Yes I knew they cared for me, but this was something different
I realised it was love always, behind all those fights, the harassment.

Someone doesn’t show, but is hiding their love for you
Because for someone, you are everything. You never knew!

No comments:

Post a Comment